Chicken Plunge On-line Registration
“For Those Who Don’t Like Cold Water”
Spread the word! On September 7, 2013, rain or shine, we will be plunging into the ocean at 1:00 PM for a great cause to benefit the Rehoboth Beach Lifeguard Beach Patrol and the renovation of the Village Improvement Association (VIA) Clubhouse. Severe or hurricane weather alternate date: September 21.
All Day Beach Party: 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM on Grenoble Place and Boardwalk. Games, Food, Face Painting etc. will be available. Tickets are $1.00 each or 12 for $10.00.
WE NEED YOU to participate and we need your support. Please get your friends, family, grandchildren, church members, neighbors, anyone to participate! People can participate by plunging themselves, supporting a plunger, or just coming to enjoy the event! Tell everyone! Ask everyone!
LOGISTICS ... AND OUR SPECIAL RULES
- You only need to put a toe in the ocean to be considered as a participant.
- We will have wading pools on the boardwalk full of ocean water and yes that counts.
- Wear whatever you want: overalls, sweats, shorts, 1940’s bathing suit, gloves and a hat, even a chicken outfit, or of course, a bathing suite, if you choose.
- Ages allowed: 1 to 100 (under 18 needs parental waiver)
- Pledges must equal $50 or more, which will include the $10 pre-registration fee.