We participate in a broad array of projects to promote lifelong education and literacy throughout our community.
Our projects include:
- Tutoring elementary students in reading and math
- Reading to preschoolers throughout the county through the Read Aloud Delaware program
- Reading to primary students on Dr. Seuss Day
- Providing school supplies to after-school programs
- Conducting leadership workshops for high schoolers
- Donating books to high need groups
- Volunteering at the Rehoboth Beach Public Library and Lewes Public Library
- Attending and teaching classes at Osher Lifelong Learning Center
- Fundraising in support of libraries, schools and scholarships
- Granting of VIA – Lowe II scholarships to Cape Henlopen and Sussex Technical School Districts’ teachers
We also promote our own personal education through our book club and by attending or teaching at Osher Lifelong Learning Center. As well as serving on boards and providing the woman-power for various library and school events, we also fund raise to make direct donations to the libraries, the Cape Henlopen Education Fund, and to award annual scholarships to high schoolers and Beebe Nursing School students.